PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Farewell Colt
Thread: Farewell Colt
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2006, 19:57
roush

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BEagle
I feel the same when driving past Abingdon, Chivenor, Honington, Scampton, Wattisham..... And perhaps even Brawdy, were I to venture to the Llnd of no vwlls. All were once busy, thriving RAF aerodromes where once I flew....

And North Luffenham and Mountbatten, where tens of thousands went through decompression and wet dinghy training.

Remember as well Acklington, Andover, Aston Down, Ballykelly, Bassingbourn, Bicester, Biggin Hill, Binbrook, Bovingdon, Church Fenton, Driffield, Elvington, Finningley, Fulbeck, Gaydon, Gravely, Hamble, Honington, Kemble, Leconfield, Lindholme, Little Rissington, Manby, Newton, North Weald, Oakington, Ouston, Pershore, St. Davids, Spitalgate, Stradishall, Strubby, Swinderby, Syerston, Tangmere, Ternhill, Thorney Island, Watton, West Raynham and White Waltham...plus some I've probably forgotten.

When I joined, all were still RAF aerodromes. With proud histories. Now - well, at least the grunts have taken over some of them.
BEagle, can you please keep clear of Waddington. It seems from your post that the real reason these places are closing could be you Oh, you might also want to visit either Yeovilton or Culdrose thus closing that thread also.