PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 86% of Easyjet Pilots Vote NO !
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2006, 19:34
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever the personal problems Handfly may have experienced with BALPA, I would have to say that as long as the only individuals eligible to serve the Union are human beings then problems will occur. That does not negate the value of the organisation and in my judgement, right now BALPA is the only credible hope for pilots at easyJet. I fully accept that mistakes will be made but I also recognise the considerable difficulties BALPA face. Part of their role is to choose the battles to fight - and more importantly which ones to walk away from. If BALPA would not countenance a strike on the basis of a 56% membership they are to be congratulated as that was the only sensible recourse open to them. If they had 90% membership then the situation would look very different and no doubt BALPA would act accordingly.

Since the outset of this dispute I have backed BALPA and the CC 100% - having followed all the recent events I continue to do so without reservation. I hope that the last few waverers in easyJet, who by their lack of membership unwittingly play into the hand of our managers, will now stand alongside the rest of their colleagues and join BALPA without further delay.