PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future Ryanair pilot be aware …
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2006, 18:59
re-checked

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Future Ryanair pilot be aware …

I joined Ryanair as contract captain (Brookfield). In my contract, the working pattern is specified as follow:

• Flying in an assigned Base – 5 x on , 3 x off, 5 x on, 3 x off, 5 x on, 3 x off,…etc
• Flying out of Base – 5 x off, 5 x on ,5x off, 5 x on, 5 x off, 5 x on, 5 x off, … AND you get €20 per block hour to include all expenses when flying out of Base.

I let them know that I was ONLY interested in flying a 5/5 sequence with no base in witch we agreed.

After 4 months in the company, I am in a 5/3 sequence based at STN. So I am commuting from/to home (I am not a UK citizen) witch is really pain in the when you only have 3 days OFF per sequence.

Multiple emails and phone calls never changed the situation and now I am about to leave the company . They promised me every week they would change this but I am still waiting!

Furthermore:
  • I waited for my simulator sessions for 3 weeks then 2 month for my line training without being remunerated or receiving any compensation.
  • I came from home to STN for only 1 day flying.
  • I showed up when crew control forgot to inform me they had change my flight to standby.
  • I have accepted some very last minute roster changes to help the crew control staff.
  • I have been based at STN while I never asked it.
In return:
  • They never gave me the 5/5 sequence.
  • They never paid me the 20€ per hour due when on 5/5 sequence (no base).
  • They rostering me on standby duty more than 4 times within 28 days period which is against a clause in the contract.
So, if you apply for Ryanair as contract pilot, make sure you clearly put in your contract what you want because they will try to screw you up.

Furthermore, you can't be based anywhere you want: The majority of the
finest bases have a long waiting list.

Happy landings.