PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow security
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2006, 18:14
Polehill.flt70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Leodis
Aviation security in this country is non professional people doing a professional job with a non professional wage. Need I say more.

So you say 'pay peanuts and you get monkeys'?? Some of us take pride in our work and have to work under the mis-management of people who really do not have the first idea of security with common sense. I havent been in the job long but somedays i feel like 'why do i bother'. Hassle from Terminal Officers, Supervisors and Passengers alike with no thanks from anyone for a poxy wage, when i could be stacking shelves at Asda for more money and less responsibility.

I love the job and i love the people i work with and thats what makes it worth while for me. Anything else and i have started letting it go over my head, because thats the only way to deal with it.

I am always polite and have a smile on my face, i go out of my way to make the whole security thing not seem horrendous to the passengers because they have paid for their hols/business trip and its not their fault that management and staffing is sometimes as c~~~ as it is. We have to make do and thats the problem, we shouldnt have to make do and quite frankly neither should the passengers.