PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL vs ATPL (FROZEN) for JAR instructor licence
Old 3rd Apr 2006, 17:56
aerobatic sean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CPL vs ATPL (FROZEN) for JAR instructor licence

I am considering my plans - re ground studies and flight training - with the aim of future work as an instructor. I now have the choice of studying - distance learning - for either a JAR CPL or the ATPL .
I am not a future airline pilot ! - an age thing - and only wish to be an instructor and possibly iniatialy fly singles commercially in Africa.
My understanding is that one needs only ! to achieve a CPL licence to instruct with the correct amount of flight time - 250 hours?
Does the CPL allow you to instruct at the higher level of multi and instrument?
My current thinking is that in studying for an ATPL one would gain advantage from some excellent groundschools - Bristol, Ground Training Services etc - and much more student info floating around pertaining to the ATPL exams - in the form of student forums, question databases etc.
There are not many groundschool courses for the CPL.
So - if one was good enough and successful as an instructor and then got as far as instucting at multi and instrument rating level ?? - would it be CPL or ATPL ??
many thanks

aerobatic sean blue side down boys

CAA PPL with a modest 180 hours - mostly on tailwheel - the way to fly!!