PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - after the RAF
Thread: after the RAF
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2006, 07:01
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
sicky,

Your 0220 post had the clarity and presentation that was clearly lacking in your first post. Qualified instructors, and there are many here, have an ability to gauge potential in a very few moments. Even Mrs PN, a retired nurs, came up with identical assessments of potential after a few minutes.

Your lack of potential shone in your first post. Your latter posts showed that maturity that I questioned earlier.

The lesson?

As soon as you get to AFCO or OASC or IOT you will be judged in exactly the same way as you were judged here. If it was as your 0220 posts etc good but . . .

On my course we asessed one as a potential air marshal and a potential policeman. The former was a wg cdr last I heard and well on track; the latter is still plodding along.

Before you question our judgemental ability from so short an acquaintance, let me assure you that it was determined by an Army Psychiatrist who said it was a shame that the training system had to prove failure rather than rely on gut instinct as gut instinct had a 90% odd success rate.

If you don't believe me but you have a good honest tutor at university, ask them.

Finally, good luck, get that degree and talk to AFCO.