PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar (Oz) recruiting in Singapore
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2006, 00:26
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Guys I don't work at J*...I will say it again...I am not in J*....I have no agenda...simply a view based on close contacts within the system and perhaps a little distance based perspective.

The info is in their certified agreement that was posted on this forum. I asked the very same question of a mate who is a senior 717 checky..'so what happens if the company doesn't honor that agreement'.

In his view that would be the first time the company has done this...a management pilot tried once, on another issue, but the company agreed with the pilots. He would be the first to agree that if they do there would be limited options for redress.

I am as cynical as anyone here when it comes to airline management..as faheel will attest..I have seen management practices that would curl the toes of most pilots who have not been outside Oz. So have all my mates working in Jetstar.

If J* management want to ignore certified EBAs and totally screw over their workforce they will...not a lot to stop them...but why stress over stuff that has not happened...why read into every situation the very worst outcome when to date it has not been a feature of their relations with management at J*?

Whether it happens or not is not really the point of my last post...that being only how many pilots will take the chance that it WON'T happen and leave a reletively well paid command overseas?

I wouldn't.

Much milage is got from the perceived better lifestyle in Oz...that lifestyle costs money. It is my view that between the new IR laws, taxation practices and generally low pay in Oz...not to mention fun having been outlawed long ago in Oz, Australia has become a place to avoid as far as possible this side of retirement. Given the options of return to Oz and work until I'm 65 to be able to afford a mediocre retirement or stay overseas and retire earlier at a higher standard of living I know which I prefer.