PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IS MAS TAKING Expats?? Today i saw....
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2006, 23:10
beyondexpectations

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we are everywhere QR,EK,EY,SQ,CX,KA,AK...

Thanks for your concern on expat malaysian pilots and families. much appreciated. we do what we can to have the best quality time with the family. yes, i hope the kids will be able to converse in bahasa even if they don't live in malaysia.

whereas setting up of airlines, the airlines you mentioned actually have a better safety record look into http://www.airsafe.com/events/regions/europe.htm with the exception of swiss.

but i'd rather not depend on richard kebabjian from planecrashinfo or airsafe.com for that matter. it's just statistics can be skewed in so many ways for different varying interpretations. anyway, the point is hard facts are dubious when quoting from the web unless it is from any unbiased governing body. strangely no index is available in icao or faa websites.

lastly, i think you got benchmarking wrong. it is exactly what's needed to show once again where an organisation such as mas stand in the face of fierce competition with world class airlines. i think inferiority complex is misplaced here. it has nothing to do with it at all. benchmarking is done to find current standing and thereafter hopefully a way to proceed. i think you will know about the report that mapa has when it engaged a company to find out where mas pilots pay stand before? can't remember exact details but i am sure you can ask babs.

am glad that you are proud of mas. for a long time it has needed more than that. meanwhile, i would also rebuke anyone who slanders the national carrier with untruths. but unlike you, my time with the kebaya girls was up. now i fly the jalur gemilang only la!