PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2006, 23:06
bjkeates

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hullabaloo

I have my stage 3 coming up and was wondering if anyone who has attended stage 3 recently could tell me of any questions that were asked at the interview? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hullabaloo
I've just got on the CTC Wings scheme and am off to NZ in August, and I'll give you the same advice as I've given others that have asked for it...

I know it's been said millions of times, but seriously just BE YOURSELF. There's no point going to your interview with pre-prepared answers - most of what I got asked was based around what I'd put on my application form, about my jobs and extra-curricular activities and so on so there's no point in me telling you the actual questions because they'd be completely different for you. You do need to show evidence of being able to work well in a team and the amount of technical stuff asked appears to depend on your flying experience so far - I got hardly any but one or two others on my day got quite a bit. Do a bit of research into the airlines CTC places cadets with. And really, just relax and enjoy the day as much as possible. I was nervous and I expect most people who do it will be, but even though you have to keep in mind you're being assessed, your true personality will come across best if you really get stuck into, and enjoy, the group exercises.

Just do your best on the day, and try not to get too nervous about it. Very best of luck.

EDIT: Fat Albert, the scheme is now definitely integrated - they make this clear at the Stage 2 presentation as far as I can remember.