PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - after the RAF
Thread: after the RAF
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2006, 20:19
sicky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crashsite - thanks for the great advice.

As to the other members questioning my level of maturiy, whilst making posts like that, is a little ironic, do you not think?

We all make typing errors now and then. I admit i did not make it clear that it was just a hypothetical question. "IF i were to join the RAF, what options would i have afterwards?" Better? I appreciate advice both for and against and can take criticism, but the unconstructive comments would be better off kept to yourself, and you both know who you are, as you are helping nobody.

When joining university, some people do find that it is not for them. Oters find that the course they have chosen is leading them down a route which they no longer wish to travel down. I'm not the first, and i won't be the last. I do not think that this bears any resemblance to whether or not i am "a stayer". I do, however, see exactly where you are coming from, ratty, and i know that it could potentially look very bad.

It is very easy to just look at something like that and say "well the lad is not committed, it's obvious" but sometimes, it's not the case at all. I'd love to try my hand at both, and as i said i would not look to buy myself out at all, i'd serve at least the time i was contracted for, probably more.

Again, my point was, simply out of interest, what would be available afterwards.

So from what crashsite said: My chances are not so good, which is what i understood in the first place, hence me concentrating the majority of my research on commercial piloting. Thanks for confirming that.

I imagine that achieving the licences such as the ATPL afterwards would be "easier" due to the flying experience? So there would be the groundschool, but the flying would be a case of "touching up" here and there?