PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 2nd Apr 2006, 19:28
chappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i ask this while we gain our info on the above is it worth bearing in mind if other countries know that they're sending their troops as passengers in planes with a force who through no fault of their own are able to protect them. i have tried three times to post this reply but i keep getting into trouble. i have the desire and the incllination to write to the military and government leaders to inform them that there is no safety net for their troops, as it were. surely, knowing the cost of manpower and financial implications we may get some backing to insist the foam is installed throughout. i'm probably being niave i guess. it's worth a try.

we await the MoD press release re: foam insertion that we were informed of earlier this week. it's something to bear in mind, but is this a half hearted attempt to quell the concerns and demands that we have? it's all well releasing it, but actioning it is the more important element otherwise empty words i'm afraid.

i'm backed by two mothers from the crew of XV179 and i will not rest until all planes are protected. it was stated earlier that higher powers are aware of this thread with interest. if you are reading this from your upper eschalons be assured that although you may not like the fact that i'm involved in trying to help protect your troops ( a job you should be doing) think about the fact that you should'nt have put me in this position in the first place. where have our apologies been for the almighty huge cock up you made in gambling with my brothers life? not even after you admitted that you underlined the role that foam,if present, could've played did you proffer one. it was left to the airmen and women and officers who looked us in the eye to say sorry. how proud you must be! when will you realise that prevention is better than cure?!