PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 86% of Easyjet Pilots Vote NO !
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2006, 15:44
Handfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Brae Cwynd,

Hols actually, but also after 40 years of aviation I have discovered a life outside it.

Could also be that when I see pompous p---s like Col Kilink holding forth I know that Churchill was correct in saying i"f you do not know history you are forced to repeat it."

Three years ago after a long campaign by the CC to improve conditions, the pilots in my company rejected a pay offer. There was a a similar amount of discontent as in this easyjet vote. New Roads response was to say that with a membership of only 56% BALPA would not countinence Industrial action. This despite the CC being 100% of the opionion it was the only way.

Three years pass, the membership increases to 76% and the pilots reject a pay offer that carries a CC recommendation.

New Road responds by saying that they can not support industrial action with so low a membership.

If you want anymore please don't hesitate to eMail, just do not put your faith in New Road. Easyjet has the same full time rep as my company so you must draw your own conclusions.