PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - eirjet A320 LANDS AT WRONG AIRPORT!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2006, 15:27
dwshimoda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At great risk of sticking my neck out and attracting all sorts of unwanted attention, can I just say that not all Wanabees should be labelled / viewed in the same way as others?

I have been using these forums for nearly 3 years now, and used them initially to help determine my path through "the wanabee years" and as a great source of info whilst I am still training, and no doubt will continue to do so if I am lucky enough to get a job as a professional after all the hours of hard work and effort.

Without the fantastic debates and information provided by the various forums (Jetblast included ) I would not be the (private) pilot I am now, nor the Professional pilot I aspire to be. As with any walk of life, you will get people at each end of the spectrum who will polarise opinions - please do not associate all Wanabees with the same levels of intelligence / skill / tact / etc. After all, you were all wanabees too at one point.

I can't even begin to comprehend the workload on a flight deck in the final few minutes of flight (thanks to the closed flight deck door policy) having only been able to visit while on the ground in the last few years. But knowing the mistakes, and therefore massive learning points, I made during my training and ongoing, I can only feel empathy for these guys whilst also appreciating what could have been, but thankfully wasn't.

Sorry to change the direction of the thread slightly, perhaps now it can go back to the original point, and I'll skulk off back to the Private Flying and Wanabee areas...

DW.