PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uncertain law student with nagging wish to fly
Old 2nd Apr 2006, 15:17
HCB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the responses. Sorry for being a bit hasty with the new post, scroggs. I read most of those threads now, some good info. Congrats on your own ascendancy over the years to command training on the A346 by the way.
Originally Posted by Easy Glider (in one of those threads)
My advice as someone who has "been there done it," become a lawyer and make some real money!
Haha! If money held any fascination whatsoever for me I would be all set. But I chose law purely for the intellectual challenge. That said, I don't actually have any money at this point in my life (or parents to bail me out) so I certainly would have to seriously consider the reality of training costs.

I've found that law is not conceptually difficult but requires a lot of hours, which doesn't seem to suit my character particularly well.

Chitty's Leader: interesting! Your advice is probably very sensible. I suppose you decided to pursue a legal career?

captwannabe: Is having a Plan B "always good"? I perform best under pressure (in fact I almost require pressure to perform!) so I wonder if having another option would paradoxically be a bad thing in my case, as it would offer an easy way out if the going got tough (which I'm sure it would, at least financially). I've always been a bit of a risk junkie too.