PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Govt in secret talks about strike against Iran
Old 2nd Apr 2006, 15:01
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I hardly think there is much, if any political or military appetite or logistical capability for British involvement in an attack on Iran. Of course there are plans - the US will have formed them years ago after the hadline Islamic govt came to power and dusted them down and updated them as events unfold and the situations changed.

Given the current state of play regarding the Iranian nuclear situation and their alleged role in Iraq, I would be surprised and not slightly worried if the Chiefs of Staff weren't looking forward to the implications of any attack on Iran. After all, MND(SE) is right next door to its western border and Helmand province in Afghanistan isn't a million miles away from Iran's eastern borders. Additionally, looking at the better of 2 evils, if there was to be an assault on Iran, who would you rather do it ...... US or Israel??? Neither particularly attractive options, but I know which gets my vote

The Telegraph may have the basics of a story, but I can't see it being anywhere near as sensational as they portray. But the one thing that I do agree with, a lot of the language coming out of London and Washington is very reminiscent of that used in 2001/02 before we went into Iraq