PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar (Oz) recruiting in Singapore
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2006, 11:03
Elroy Jettson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry CC, you guys are seriously going to stand up to your management and get those blokes demoted, as the strong unified work force that you are? Or are you expecting the managers to do it willingly as a good will gesture to thank you all for your hard work getting the show up and running? Remember where these guys got their big breaks in the first place? You think they give a rats about what the pilot body want? This is a chance for them to get their mates into the LHS ahead of you guys.

Dont believe me? Try taking a seniority based arguement to the industrial relations commish. (Thats if it still exists in a few years). Then you will find out the true value of any such agreement. The legal basis of the arguement they will defeat you with? Seniority is descriminatory, therefore illegal. Both sides know it, companies salivate at the thought of a challenge based on seniority. Why do you think they let you have it as a start up in the first place? Weren't you guys set up to rid the aviation world of draconian industrial work place agreements? They let you guys keep it, because they knew the moment it caused a dispute, they would wipe the floor with you in the industrial courts. They know that seniority is the security blanket that all pilots cuddle while they suck their thumb. While they have it, they are happy.
Take it away, and they start bawling.

But heres the clincher. The company didnt want to take seniority away from you, the nasty industrial courts did it when you guys took the poor helpless company to court over a breach of seniority. What a shame. Still dont believe me? Ask the JPC legal team, if they dont have one, AIPAs.

Sorry CC, I agree with you alot on this forum. But this one, if your basis is seniority, sorry pal, the only advice I can give, "There is always time for lube!" Take your own, because management tend not to supply it.