PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 2nd Apr 2006, 09:44
chappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cost v. safety

i'll try again. the long and short of what i was trying to say was that on this thread at an earlier point or on another thread follwing the scotsmans article there was reference to an article from flight magasine outlining what was to be or not to be included in the A400M's. i don't know if this is of any use.

my other point is this. if the higher powers that be are reading this then read on.the gamble made with the crew of XV179 did not pay off. it was only a matter of time before this would happen. while all you could see or value was the pound signs in your eyes an outstanding set of men died an horrific death. what saving possibly could be made when you've had to spend out on[LIST][*]cost of investigation[*]cost of inquiry[*]cost of manpower of those now killed and those who were taken from their roles to help families[*]cost of the recovery operation[*]cost of repatriation[*]burial costs[*]memorial costs[*]pension payouts[*]accomodation and travel expenses for families[*]cost of the inquest
just a thought to bear in mind, not to mention the cost of losing one of your planes. did you not stop to think of this? or do you have a fund for covering up your prize cock ups?! if so you then have a cost to put on the lives of these men. if you have this money to save your arses then you had the money to protect the lives of those men. i'd be so interested to see what it is. i've lost my brother and as a result my whole family. i need him to get me through this but here's not here and i'm trying my best to help everyone. i might get it wrong sometimes. sorry for that.
i await with interest the MOD press release i wonder why they are waiting to release it. why not ages ago. how sincere is it?