PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2006, 06:56
TinyBrain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hope all goes well for him...

Originally Posted by Knightwhosays_NI
Too bad pple usually only find out how good he is after seletar, or when a cadet screws up and he has to step in and put in a good word to help keep the cadet. I feel sorry for his recent misfortune. The younger instructors are the ones who are more bo chap and less willing to stick their necks out. I'm sure you know who I'm talking about.
*nods*.. I totally agree with you... People usually realise his kindness AFTER seletar phase.. As for me.. I received his kindness more than once... I failed twice for my engines in tech paper.. He helped to plead my sponsor for a third attempt... When he called me into his office, there wasn't any scolding nor accusation.. Mr P just hand over a warning letter and say "this is your last chance, just one paper, clear it!"

As for my ATPL, he wrote a good report to my sponsor after I failed my met theory... I managed to glimpse abit of it during my exiting interview. He suggested to allow me for another attempt. Although it didn't happen, I'm still very greatful for his kindness eventhough we ain't related to him.

During his recent misfortune, I was still in seletar. He went on leave for about a week to 2. But when he returned, he showed his braveness and didn't let it hinder his care and concern for us. Sincerely wish him all the best and groom many more outstanding cadets for SQ...

To all SQ cadet-to-be, do show your respect to Mr P whilst in Seletar and appreciate every "gawd-damn-it" he's going to say. Many of those who got to "use that thing on your shoulder" are now very admirable pilots flying big jets.