PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2006, 21:56
billkill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by reddoxxvi
My questions are:

1. What actually the interviewers want to see from a candidate during the interview?
2. They also might aware that we as candidates some sort of preparing by memorizing things.Do they will take this as a consideration? I mean the memorizing stuffs?
3. So, when i attend the interview,do i need to tell them that i'm currently on the mid of journey to become a licenced aircraft maintenance engineer?Does this have a negative impact on the interview?
4.Actually, when i was in school ,i had a very bad @poor english.And for 3 years during my diploma studies i tried to improve to a level what i have now slowly and i did it by myself without attending any english classes.So, do i have to attend any english classes before attending that interview?
Or, do they'll accept that if i understand them and know what they ask then i answer them using simple and basic english?
To answer your questions...
1. They want to see confidence, looks, presentation....like any other interview you go to for a professional career.
2. A lot of people don't know this....but they can tell if you memorize information by the answers you give. As I said before, it's not an oral exam. You don't memorize and spit them out.
3. Yes you should. It shows you have goals to meet. Like they do ask some people before..."where do you see yourself in 10yrs from now...with SIA and not with SIA." Most important is keep a balance lifestyle and not just pin all your hopes on becoming a pilot...or at least show them that you know how to plan your life and know where you are heading.
4. English is an important language. Manuals, conversations, commands and everything are all in english. If ATC or your co-pilot doesn't understand you, it creates havoc and misunderstandings and frustration. That is why in this line, communication of utmost importance. If you think your english is not up to standard, brush up on it, because even if you get in, the amount of studying and reading you've got to do can kill. It may just stab you in the back.
Don't worry so much about the interview. The more you worry about it, the more stressful it gets and you might breakdown during the interview. (like some of the guys study so much for it but during the intervew, get so nervous that they say the wrong thing eg. type of engines and such.) Prepare but don't over-prepare. Take it easy, be yourself. Wish you all the best!