PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2006, 17:15
Ginseng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Banana Boy,

Provided that there is no service or cover charge already shown on the bill, it is acceptable to reclaim a tip actually paid, provided that in combination with the actual expenditure on the meal it does not exceed the capped limit. There is no absolute fixed percentage, since it is recognised that appropriate levels vary between countries due to cultural differences. Nevertheless, a guide level of 10% maximum is suggested to be the reasonable norm. Remember, this still has to come from within your capped limit, otherwise it is not a valid claim. See JSP 752 for details.

Biggus, Grimweasel,

Your information is essentially correct. A notice was placed on the AFPAA website on friday saying that the supplementary pay run for CEA would take place on 6th April, with payments reaching bank accounts by "mid-April". This is uncomfortable. In previous years, the due date for payment for this term was 6th April. My school will take the fees from my account by direct debit on 18th April, the first banking day after the Easter break. I do hope that "mid-April" is a worst-case estimate!

Regards

Ginseng