PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Long time coming
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2006, 15:23
Turn and Burn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with everything that Ricky Whizz says. That standard grievance procedures were not followed brings CX management into disrepute and is surely the issue on which the Tribunal will focus.
That said, the wisdom of the AOA has to be questioned in respect of the candidate they have put forward to head up the case. There is a copy of the Sun circulating in which there is a report of one of Crofts' earlier court cases from 1996. The article states that, during an argument in the car park, Crofts' hit his mistress so hard that a front tooth lodged in the roof of her mouth. Sometime after the event he is said to have taken a drug overdose. Had he revealed to CX at the interview that he had a criminal record and had he revealed to CX medics that he had taken a drug overdose, he would not have been employed.
Crofts is not unknown in UK aviation circles, nor is he unknown in Aussie aviation circles where he was an 89er. Previous workmates in Dan Air, Airtours, Astraeus and Ansett will remember him for sure. Some of them will agree with me that Crofts is an unfortunate choice to present before the tribunal.
If there is sufficient interest I will post the newspaper article on this forum, moderator permitting.