PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Free Masons - Should they "come out"?
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2006, 13:39
Tigs2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Formally Known As
Makes me wonder what else they are prepared to commit themselves, or signatures to without finding out before hand what they are about to enter into? Maybe they are prepared to sign a contract without knowing what they are signing. Even more disturbing, I ask, would they be prepared to sign a legal document at work? E.g., an a/c tech log, load sheet etc., etc. without the required knowledge to be in a position to do so and relying on the word of “mates”.

Formally known as
I hope you remain known as 'Formally known as'.

If you think that our servicemen would fill in aircraft paperwork because a fellow mason asked them to do so then you are a complete and utter t t! How dare you suggest that belonging to an age old (much older than you think)organisation would lead to gross professional deriliction of duty. There are many resons why people will put their signatures on bits of paper without due thought and consideration, but being a Mason is not one of them. Our people are professional regardless of their private little hobbies you muppet.I have NEVER asked a favour of a fellow Mason and never would. If i were in utter financial dire straits i could ask for help and would recieve it, but i doubt i would ever ask for help unless my family were starving (in which case it must come from their pocket NOT by preferential treatment, promotion or special business favours). I would not ask someone to sign a document that anothers life depends on because he's a mate.