PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Test Pilot Taylor Scott RNR
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2006, 13:17
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taylor Scott

SnakeCharmer ( I don't even want to think about how you got that name ! ) any shots of Taylor would be really appreciated by his family - as I mentioned, they got F.A. from BAe.

So did the company which now runs Dunsfold as a storage facility, and where Clarkson & co film 'Top Gear' in the paint shop.

My uncle, who was a production manager & is no fan of Jeremy, went near ballistic when I informed him that Clarkson uses his old chair & office !

Back to Llanbedr - that was my first trial, on the AIM9L, another pilot taking part besides Taylor was Jim Giles.

One of the many things I learned then ( I was still an apprentice ) was to give Jindiviks a very wide berth...

Later I was talking to a Kingston photographer ( they made the Jerry Springer show look like University Challenge ) who was taking shots of a Sidewinder launch - after it was over, they, in a 2-seat Jaguar, had formated on the Jindivik for pics !

When I mentioned that the 'pilot' had no way of knowing they were even there and might have thrown in a roll for fun, he turned a strange colour...

Please let's arrange something to cover costs of printing from your transparencies, either call me on a 'personal message' from this network, or I'll give you my direct e-mail.

Many thanks,

Andy