PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - eirjet A320 LANDS AT WRONG AIRPORT!
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2006, 09:39
eire757

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ruthless
No matter what is said by sympathetic wimps, you have to be robust about this. These two "professional pilots" took the money in wages to do a job. The job being to fly from A to B they were not capable of doing so, they ended up at X. They clearly have no navigational skills, no map reading skills and no situational awareness. Two people taking the wages but not able to deliver the goods, pathetic.
Now, all you lilly livered mugs cherping in with, tight turn round times, heavy duty rostering, pressure, a simple mistake, no damage done, no one injured or the wife wouldn't let me shag her last night, is just bollocks. They should be sacked and their licences revoked, they are guilty of at best GROSS PROFESSIONAL INCOMPENTENCE and at worst RECKLESSLY ENDANGERING LIFE. If the CAA had any balls they would be charged accordingly. You make fools of yourselves and the industry by defending them. Mr O'Leary is right, they are nothing more than gloryfied bus drivers. The fact that no one was killed or injuried is in no part due to them. There is no inquiry to wait for, the facts speak for themselves, they didn't declare an emergency, they continued an approach, blissfully unware of where they were, they were quite happy they knew what they were doing or they wouldn't have landed there. NOW RIP INTO ME FOR BEING HONEST.
Sympathetic wimps? I would actually call it being able to recognise that we all make mistakes. Aviation is only as safe as it is because of the relatively open culture, however these guys wll be well aware of how serious this incident is.
Glorified bus drivers? Yes we are, but only in the same way as brain surgeons are glorified plumbers. You get the average bus driver to guide a £100 mil aircraft thru the skies and there would be a very big whole in the ground very quickly!
People make mistakes every day in their jobs and one day my friend you will too. the fact you say they didnt "declare an emergency" shows that you are not a pilot and never would make it as one.