PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some advice please...
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2006, 09:31
Martin4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some advice please...

Hello,

I'm in need of some advice. Iv been concidering joining the RAF as a flight ops assistant (i cant be a pilot in the RAF due to eye sight requirements). Last time i spoke to the careers advisor he told me the job wasnt open and to look for a job to fill the time in. Since then iv applied for a job at Morrisons the supermarket store and am about to enrol on a college night course to start getting some GCSE's.

However, I'm undecided as what the best way to go is:

1) When I start work save as much as I can and keep doing the night classes at the college to get GCSE's, then in a few years time start the multiflight.com course that takes you from no flying expirience to frozen ATPL in a year.

or

2) Work at morrisons until the FOA job at the RAF is open, go for the interview (and if all was ok) join the RAF.

A few things id like you to concider before you type up a reply:

- I'm 16 at the moment (17 in june) and still living at home with my step-dad and my mum, so it will be easy to save up a reasonable amount of my pay.

- I obviously couldnt gain all the required money to fund the pilot course but my real/birth dad would be able to help me out there for sure.

Hope i didnt sound a idiot there, your advice will be very appriciated!
Martin