PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASIC Vs AVID
Thread: ASIC Vs AVID
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2006, 06:52
OZBUSDRIVER

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Pall and QNH 1013.2, I suggest you two require some remedial educating. You are both wrong! You only require EITHER an ASIC OR an AVID. ASIC for access to security controlled airports like Mildura or Windorah(they realy are kidding, if the refueler is the same Rosie I knew from years ago there will be NO security problems in WDH- She bounced our dozer driver clean out of the bar. He was Willie Carnes BIG brother! Great girl : ) AVID for identification purposes to prove you have passed said security checks.
My information has it that the ASIC and AVID require identical checks. The difference being a turf war between two arms of the same department of transport. Sooner more than later the two cards will be combined. The up side is that the licence is issued until revoked or cancelled. The down side is the security check that allows you to exercise your PRIVELAGE is going to cost you every two to five yearsand without either bit of plastic you will not be allowed to fly. Originally we were going to have to carry both bits of plastic, be thankful for small miracles that someone saw enough sence.