PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 747 Incident - 1990's????
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2006, 05:41
Ground Point 9er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dont know if this helps,but I seem to remember seeing some short video footage of the incident your talking about.It was shown on a weekly documentary series called"Black Box" aired by Channel 4 /C4 in the UK some years ago.It was a very short clip and did not show the actual stall,but rather the fight by the crew to regain control and level flight.The footage showed the the A310 rolling from side to side at extreme bank angles over the city of Paris taken by some Joe Bloggs guy with a camcorder from the ground.The narrator was alluding to the fact the the A310's automation and flight management systems were fighting against the flight crews actions during their approach.In the same segment of the programme they also showed the infamus footage of the Air France A320 that flew into the trees during a demo flight at a French airshow to drive home his point.
I did tape the complete run of the the series,about 8 or 9 weeks worth at 1 hour a week,BUT!!,,I gave all that stuff to my folks to store in their basement back in Dublin when I moved to the States.Pitty,,their was some real gems on tape too,,Anyone remember the BBC avition documentory "Diamonds in the Sky"??? ..Oh well.I did see the "Black Box" series on sell at Virgin Megastore once;but it did look like a much more condensed version than the one aired on TV.
Good Luck with your search.Cheers ...GP9er