PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - North Sea Job Prospects
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2006, 22:35
northseawannabe-not

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Obvious answer

If the Bond pilots leave to Bristow/CHC they are on a much better deal. The thing that makes them stay(captured) is if they join either of the premier operators it is on a last in first out basis. Oil prices and N.Sea business can't stay at the ludicrously high prices they are currently. When the inevitable cyclical downturn happens they may be out of a job(only my reckoning, a crystal ball would be nice). It is my opinion that the Bond pilots being too spineless to even stand up and get BALPA recognised certainly would be too scared to jump ship with the chance(even though it is very slight) of being out of a job.
The N.Sea is as bouyant as it has been in my 15yrs of following it , but I don't blame the low hr co-jos(i was the same would jump at any offer of work), but surely if the skippers grew some balls they could demand BALPA to be recognised.
I won't rant on anymore as i worked happily for Bond for 4 yrs. in the past but they at least used lubrication back then.
All it takes is you guys to stick together as you are in such a strong position, force them to accept BALPA and watch your life improve beyond belief.
I may be a bit biased as i didn't leave under perfect circumstances (took them to court, and won), but i would love to see them paying and giving the same roster as the other companies.I've heard they are upping the salary but if you look how much the pilots work in comparison you are working for 25% less than the other operators.
I would almost like to come back just to be remembered as the person who stopped Bond's explotation and introduced BALPA. I won't as I am making too much money where I am but I really hope you guys grow some balls as you only have the next yr or 2 to force them to give you a roster/pension/pay deal.
It only takes a 75% majority and they have no choice (but maybe you all like it up the ass)