PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly
Thread: Thomsonfly
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2006, 19:42
26point2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Andy,

Thomsonfly need to crew their 737s at Doncaster and Coventry. they do need direct entry Captains at the moment and i'm absolutely sure you need to be current as a Captain on type or something similar to get straight in the left hand seat.

They also need First Officers and although a type rating may help it won't be compulsary. So whatever your hours or experience dont be put off. theyre looking for the right kind of people and that could mean you.

I have so far only attended the selection day which doesnt even include an interview... i think this is designed to divide the group into who they want to interview and who they dont!!

this consisted of a group exercise (taking part in a chat about a company and its problems) theyre looking for you to take part and not take over! Then an English Verbal reasoning test (you will run out of time!)
Then a maths test... if i blew the day, this was my downfall!!
Get some algebra books from the library, this is all school leavers stuff but i left school 20 years ago!!

I understand day 2 is a formal interview, a chat with a psychologist and a sim ride!!... Cant wait!! (if i get that far!)

To answer your question, i have 7,000 hours including 1000 comand 737 but that doesnt guaruntee anything!

All the best and good luck.