PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly 'Too wet' runway hits holiday flight
Old 31st Mar 2006, 06:55
TightSlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bangkokeasy
Er... excuse me for being presumptuous, O exalted moderator, but I question whether transferring something you consider to be "comprehensive tosh" to the SLF forum is an appropriate response.

If it really is rubbish (and I for one freely admit I am unqualified to pass judgement), then isn't there another way of dealing with it?
Well, yes - a reasonable point. It wasn't transferred here because it was tosh, it was transferred because the bulk of comment was not from Pilots but from uninformed, self-appointed "experts": Also, the thread was leaning towards a focus on passenger management and rights, and commercial decisions.

A simple deletion of the thread was certainly an option - however deleting threads simply on the basis of stupidity would leave PPRuNe rather empy. There's nothing wrong with a thread that generates discussion (as this one has) but the threads need to be located in the most appropriate forum for comment. Since any pilot would know better than to armchair quarterback a decision to divert under these circumstances, the primary pilot forum was not an appropriate venue.

There are many contributors to this forum that spend as much time airborne as some crew, although down the back, and they have gained enough sense and knowledge to understand and comment on the circumstances.

Regards

"Exalted Moderator"