PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 31st Mar 2006, 03:42
GorgeousKiwiGal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Krisky,

Firstly, good luck and all the best with your application - I am sure you will do well .

Secondly if you go back about 2-3 pages everyone talks about the height issue. Emirates have a reach test these days. I believe that you have to be able to reach 2.2 metres (I am not sure on the exact figure) without shoes on. So measure this on your wall at home and see if you can reach this level. I am 5'5" and can reach well over, so you should have no problem .

Once again, it's a really, really good idea to go through and read EVERY page of this thread. It provides invaluable advice that you won't get anywhere else. It's a lot to read, but just make yourself a cuppa and a snack and sit down and go through it. It could be the difference between getting the job and not getting it .

My last piece of advice is to STUDY! I recently landed a F/A position with my dream airline and can honestly say that study was the key! I studied the airline inside and out. I studied the hierarchy, the aircraft, the crew, the CRM, the union, the destinations, the meals, the services, the points, the codes, the mottos, the advertisements and their website like a mad woman. When it came down to interview time I was well prepared and that helped curb the nerves a little.

All the very, very best and let us know how you do .

GKG