PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sacked Cathay pilot wins right to UK
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2006, 19:56
Turn and Burn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can understand the moderators concerns about lawyers and website owners. The question is, on an open forum such as this, if unsubstantiated opinions were excluded, how many contributors would remain?
In the case of Crofts, the evidence can be substantiated by reference to court records. The Sun article, in which the story of Crofts' court appearance was originally printed, is now circulating. Does a reference to a newspaper article constitute a libel. If it does not, I shall reproduce the article for the benefit of pprune subscribers, although I regret I shall be unable to reproduce the photograph of Crofts, which also appeared.
Regarding other allegations made against Crofts, contributions are restricted by the fact that few outside of the Hong Kong pilot force would bother to read Fragrant Harbour. Astraeus crews who know Crofts are unlikely to venture this far East and give us the benefit of their experiences.
Neither are many Dan-Air, Airtours and Ansett crews likely to find their way down here. Any that do will certainly remember Mr Crofts.