PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2006, 12:43
slingsby

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Further to my earlier post about the lack of trained staff and the lack of potential candidates.
I have found this document laying on the briefing desk, and just happened to read it, it's called "erg ercp standards & rebates_annex1_march06" which outlines the performance standards BAA / HAL have to achieve. Also it states in various forms of mathematics the rebate refund etc if standards are not met.
The good news is that the airlines will get some refund if their aircraft are not parked within a certain time limit or if passenger security queues extend beyond 1 hour and up to 2 hours. What it did not mention is the queue limit for staff and crew access times.
Currently aircraft are charged at the on-pier/hard ramp standard rate 15 minutes after landing, irrelevant if your holding for budget cheap airlines to get off your stand, or for other reasons. What it is now stating is that the airline will get a percentage of this parking charge back.
So, after all this, I believe this document does highlight that BAA / HAL do have a serious and long term problem with staffing issues. I firmly believe that with this document, meant as an appeasement to the airlines, the resolution will not be solved until the closure of T2 and the relocation of staff to supplement other terminals. BY then the staffing levels should according sources be at functional levels.