PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Working Wireless Internet Connection - But No Internet?
Old 30th Mar 2006, 12:38
MMEMatty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Working Wireless Internet Connection - But No Internet?

Hi All

I am running (well was - ive returned home for the easter break now) a laptop at uni, and just this year got broadband installed into the student digs, with a Belkin wireless router and wireless card on my laptop. Now, it all worked well up untill about two weeks ago when i installed McAfee Anti virus, which cause the laptop to not start up properly (basically once logged on, there was no icons, start menu bar etc).

Eventually managed to get the computer to run by removing McAfee, except now the computer couldnt connect to the internet, and i couldnt use the Belkin client utility to connect, as the troubleshoot guides informed me to.

eventually got that problem sorted. Now i'm able to start my computer normally, and whenh the wireless card is inserted i get a "connection established" message, and can clearly see (using Belkin Client Utility and the default Windows "wireless Connections" page on the Control Panel) that the wireless card is working, and is connected to the router downstairs, however when i go to run any web programs (Internet Explorer, MSN Messenger, etc) i get a "Cannot connect to Internet check your internet connection type message". This has got me stumped, ive tried all the troubleshooting i can find on windows, looked on line, i believe that this is the last hope, other than maybe putting it in for repair (an option that i really dont want to do, as its all £££).

Any Help?

Matt