PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Independent Career Advice
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2006, 12:23
Happy Wanderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers Scroggs, wise words as always.
I'm all too familiar with the 'age' threads on the sticky - I posted a thread 'Career prospects for a career changer. . . . aged 42' that was put in the sticky back in September last year. It generated loads of comment - much of it constructive, other bits less so - but all taken on board. From my point of view, the more I read "forget it mate, you're too old" comments on PPRuNe, the more committed certainly I am to getting my head down and proving people wrong. I guess only time, hard work, buckets of determination and a little lady luck will tell what happens.
Given the age thing, I was just looking for some sound independent advice - even if it means paying for it. I do read about folks who set themselves up as career advisors ( nice little earner I'm sure ). These people do exist - you only have to look in the back of Pilot or Flyer to find them.
Healthy or not, flying's become an complete obsession for me and something I very much want to do now as a second career. Now back to the studying. . . .
HW