PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Independent Career Advice
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2006, 10:16
Happy Wanderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Independent Career Advice

Besides all the useful advice which seems freely available these days if you look hard enough (this site alone is a goldmine), has anyone had any positive experiences of using an INDEPENDENT career consultancy within the aviation industry, ie advice that you would usually pay for in return for advice on the most appropriate training course (ie not FTO necessarily, but intergrated v modular etc) and advice on how best to get the all important first job?
I've noticed adverts in the flying press that claim to help folks 'achieve the dream', and possibly go on to help build a 'structured career plan'. I'm thinking of approaching one, but before I part with any cash (important since the advice will need to factor in my current age - 40+), I just wanted to gauge opinion first. I'm not looking for in-house FTO advice necessarily, just any gems out there that have offered good, clean and sensible career advice and have even possibly opened a few doors.
For info, I'm well into my PPL and working like the clappers to get the theory (PPL, not ATPL) done and out of the way.
Cheers guys,
HW