PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming A pilot: Best ways to do. Navy, Airforce or just through UNI
Old 30th Mar 2006, 09:23
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
and Shortyy, more advice that has been thrown at all the other wanabees over the years - use proper English when writing and speaking even if your dialect is strine.

I am sure that they have the same cringe effect when they see poor presentation.

Basically it is an attitude of mind. Concentrate on the presentation and eventually it becomes natural. You can then concentrate on th eimportant things and be yourself.

I agree that your attitude appears to suck but then again if you are 16 that could well be a generation gap thing and your desparation to appear 'cool'.

As long as you do not take that attitude along to the recruiters, and everything else being equal, you will be in with a chance.

<<I want to be a Helicopter Pilot or a fixed wing pilot>>

Now I do not know civvy aviation but I would not be surprised if they were unimpressed too. The real question is where do you want to fly. If you like seeing flora and fauna then become a helicopter pilot. I am sure there will be lots of openings especially in Papua New Guinea. You will also be locally based each time - ie short trips, back to the same bed.

If you go fixed wing then the world opens up - blue skies, long-haul, short-haul, air taxi, whatever.