PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar (Oz) recruiting in Singapore
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2006, 08:26
jakethemuss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very simplistic approach. I'm glad you picked one paragraph.

1. The salaries of all Pilots in Australia are under attack. If I work 10% more for the same money, I lose 10% of my family time. Not hard really.

2. The profession I joined has changed considerably. I knew the terms and conditions when I joined. Things are changing and it is the fear environment falsely created by some who believe that "others" will do the job. I have yet to meet enough "others" to validate that claim.

3. Two way street. I challenge all shareholders in Qantas to withdraw their support tomorrow. Won't happen! Know why? Because people like me will see value in the business and buy the shares at the lower prices as people bail out.

You see, the sharemarket is just like the race track. As one I admire put it "Gambling in Suits".

Your belief that without the current shareholder funds we would all be rooned is quite henny penny. It is called diversification of a portfolio, and with JBWere recommending an outperform at the moment on QAN any shares sold would be snapped up. Try a market depth search. Shareholders are gamblers pure and simple.

I am a professional pilot. I will not allow my profession to be degraded to allow CEO's, the elite, and gamblers to pocket the value that I have built in my profession.

Next.

Last edited by jakethemuss; 30th Mar 2006 at 11:24.