PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 99% of easyjet pilots reject pay offer
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2006, 08:10
Doug the Head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EJ cleverly made use of the "free-market" situation 2-3 years ago. In times of overcapacity, the TRSS-scheme was born and EJ did profit from it greatly. Leaving my circumstances aside at the time, YES, I DID sign on the dotted line and YES, I WAS aware of the consequences. However, paying 35k to get used and abused is not quite what I expected...
Very true indeed Mokum1. You´re absolutely right when you say that it could be renegotiated and I was a bit too quick with my previous post. After all, if crew meals, 6-3, pension etc is all up for renegotiating due to market forces, why not TRSS?

To me however TRSS has advantages and disadvantages.

I was able to pay my TRSS in cash and I do not suddenly want to be bonded and be stuck with this outfit for another couple of years.

Sure, it would quickly give me some cash in my hands, but TRSS is also my freedom!

If I can find a better job tomorrow then I´ll give my 3 months notice and I´m out! Simple as that! No bond, no hard feelings! Even if you had to take out a loan to pay for your TRSS, you could take this loan with you to your new job. You would miss out the EZY repayments, but on the other hand I guess that most jobs worth leaving EZY for would pay good enough to make up for the loss.

It´s the TRSS and Cadets that are really biting EZY in the @ss when it comes to crew leaving. Typically penny wise pound foolish reasoning from EZY as it didn´t cost them much to hire us, but when it comes to finding our replacements and captains in a booming pilot market they´re up sh!t creek without a paddle.