PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS Discussions
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2006, 03:20
twiggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qcc2
know the bidding system very well. know my limits in the system.
language is the only stability i get in my roster . tell me what kind of trips i should be getting easily (only one position the aircraft). fact is i get lumped with lots and lots of demand days.
like the word "rumor has it". do you think the faaa would agree to employ oz based crew at A$ 20000.- pa(compairing to kiwis at NZ$ 23000.- pa., no super, easy contracts,etc). wake up, you are in denial !!!!!
QCC2,
you need to relax.

I am just offering possible scenarios which may or may not happen but are worth waiting for the next EBA to decide on.
The fact is there is a limit on foreign based crew and as the company expands, there will be a need for more Australian based crew.
If there was a B-payscale for new full time crew it might be just as efficient as employing temporarys or casuals.

As far as bidding goes, you are either a CSM or CSS ( you mentioned "only one position the aircraft").
You are a language speaker, (so half of your roster you get ahead of all non-language speakers)
This also means you end up with more demand days, but if you were to bid smart and bid for trips that have a lower daily average, you would have a much better chance of satisfying your demand days.

Also if you are a CSM or CSS and bidding is such a problem, drop back!

I'm sorry but you don't have my sympathy as your situation is clearly recoverable.