PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia / MAS
Thread: Air Asia / MAS
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2006, 23:05
MAStake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The worst paid long haul LCC pilots and cabin crew in the world???? It sure didn't look that way when the interviews were going on.

And the word is out that they have stopped taking in applications for now because of the influx of MAS retirees and jobless expats. And don't forget the impending arrival of MAS pilots who will be retrenched with the rationalisation plan.

The salaries may not be on par with CAL, EVA, KAL and European and North American airlines but then neither is the cost of living in Malaysia, which is where the crews are based. There are no overnights on any of their flights and everyone gets to go home at the end of the day (albeit a long one.)

I guess TF has offered an out to those who want to start off and maybe later move on to mainstream flying. Not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to move to major airlines and for those who harbour such ambitions Air Asia is an excellent starting point. Salaries are good by Malaysian standards and unless you indulge in caviar and dom perignon everyday you can expect a comfortable lifestyle.

TF has, I believe, more business sense than most of us, and in pursuing his dream has provided opportunities to the wannabees and newbies.

And, NO, i'm not a pilot with Air Asia.