PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What helicopter to chose ?
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2006, 23:00
jetflite

Location: somedays in a helicopter, other days in a fixed-wing....
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the Help. .

Thanks for the responses, all very valid comments. The reason the boss isn't going all out on a 109 or S76 (although i'm pushing for that) is because it's not for his everyday travel, it more incorporates with his business and applies to clients, and most flights shall be rather short, and spending up too or over $1mill means a long wait for returns and profit, as this is obviously not a get rich quick business plan, it's merely to boost the appeal of his over all business. Personally i would like a 109 or S76, but i'm liking the jetranger, because i'm not pushing my boundries with budget (meaning i'm being given a fantatic oportunity and don't want to go over the top) nor capabilities as a pilot, i've just leanred more about what it's needed for an it's alot of small island transfers from airports, so correct me if i'm wrong but maybe a 206 or 206L would be better for this ? as maybe a 109 or S76 are to "plush" for this work ? I'm learning mor everyday about people's views and also operations. .if anyone has any information on helicopter slaes in Aus ? please keep your opinions and thoughts coming,

Cheers,
JF