PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2006, 18:13
mazzy1026

Spicy Meatball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheq - bloody well done mate - good job! Bet you are as chuffed as I still am! Get your papers off to the CAA with £159 and in less than 14 days you should have your poo coloured ticket! Well done again and enjoy the feeling - it still aint sunk in for me yet!

Mark 3:16 - welcome aboard mate, great to see new people even though I have officially finished writing diary entries! Good to have you with us and hope you enjoy reading. Don't worry about what lies ahead - think of it as more of a fun challenge rather than a hurdle and you'll do well. There are a few difficult things along the way, and at times you can feel like giving up but don't, keep going and before you know it you'll have your nice coloured ticket also. I notice your at Barton - I am only 30 mins away in the car at Liverpool so would be nice to meet up for a beer or ten! I am due to be visiting Barton soon actually for a trip in the 172 or Citabria which is part the group that has formed there, so may see you.

What I have found heartening is the support, advice, and the camaradary and community that has built up during the course of this thread and Mazzy's journey
Me too Mark - superb isn't it. I never expected anything like it and am really made up - glad to see it still happening also (watch Neil come on now and sl*g me off!)

Calum (hope I spelled that correctly) it has been a while my friend - many thanks for your post. I was very envious of you when we met and you told me that you had come across from Dublin - alone - and not above 4000 feet (I think that's what you said due to restrictions/traffic at the time). Quite an achievement, one which I would like to mirror myself.

Well done again Cheq - hope to meet you soon for that well earned beerage!

Thanks all,

Lee