PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK
Thread: CORK
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2006, 17:39
tashkurgan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eick320
I too have been given that tour, i agree the building does look impressive but its way too small. Take for example the first so called ticket desk it would be difficult to put a ticket printer in there never the staff who are required to operate that printer, thats why their moving the counters out and therefore reducing the space in front of check in. The food court upstairs is too small nevermind departures and the lack of space for boarding i could go on .... SAD
The checkin desks look pretty fixed at this stage - don't think there are any plans there to move them with just 6 weeks to go and I didn't look at the ticket desk. We were told that the terminal was designed for >5M passengers. The food court has seating for 320+ (that video arcade area is now part of the foodhall). Whats impressive to my eyes is the engineering that went into the building, 10kva ups supply, dual homed network, cat6 cabling, voip, cctv over ip, gigabit ethernet, heat recovery, highly integrated baggage and security system etc.. And of course, the timber supported roof... now thats a piece of work..
Originally Posted by Tom the Tenor
It is time for the Cork Airport Authority to 5h!t or get off the pot! It is certainly not yet the time for Cork Airport to rest on it's laurel of a new terminal.
Joe and his team are most certainly not resting on any laurels. Above everything else they are committed to the success of this airport.