PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford
Thread: Stapleford
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2006, 16:44
AreYouForReal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stapleford - Commercial or cluby?

OK, can someone please tell me if stapleford is actually a flying club, or it is a serious commerical training centre?

The reason i ask this is because there seems to be no definition between people who are coming every few weeks for a few hours circuit bashing, and people that are paying £30,000 to get a career and a (f)atpl. Would it not make more sense to, in principle, operate the commercial side as a seperate more proffesional outfit as this will be the world the students will be moving into.

Aswell as this, there also seems to be no structure to the hour building that you do there. It seems to me you could spend 100 knocking about in the circiut, write anything into your log book, and no one will ever know. Would it not seem logical if they are trying to get you to a high standard that is required by an airline and more importantly pass your cpl / IR in minimum hours, they would monitor your progress and how you are flying, and at least have maybe 40 of the 100 hours set aside for pre-planned routes by instructors that are more challenging and include land aways.

Please dont get me wrong, i have heard that the INSTRUCTION IS 1st RATE!! so please dont get me wrong, i just want to know that if stapleford want to be in the leagues of OAT, Jerez, and Cabair, (all intergrated, but like SFC, ALL have very close links with major airlines), then maybe a uniform or trousers and a shirt at least wouldnt go astray?

Can anyone who is there, or has any ideas about this please give me your thoughts.