PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Sector Pay?
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2006, 14:21
fo_forever999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Insulting

Well I have been a company man up to now but this seems to be the biggest insult yet. Particualrly when you hear that F/O's are not only on a different rate from their LHS counterparts (not unusual) but that we are worth but one third of our LHS chums. the amusing letter tells us this:

On top of the nominal £2.10 / hr tax free

sectors up to 1299nm - £2 F/O £6 Capt
1300nm or more - £3 F/O £8 Capt
sectors 3/4 - £4 F/O ? Capt
Sectors 5+ - £8
Note all sector pay is taxed at 40%

The company seems to have excelled this month by alientating ot only all the BOH office staff but now all of its flight crews! Personnally I think I would rather have had a standard 3% rise than this. I feel hurt and generally betrayed by this especially when the letter goes on to say it is '...to recognise the priductivity of our aircrew...' To be honest this really should have been thought through more and perhaps a little bit of communication with the crews during pay discussions might not go amiss especially with EZ and FR And Tommyfly offering notably better packages on all levels!

As a note consider the 757 drivers who effectively are even worse off considering the longer sectors they are prone to doing will negate their ability to do 4 sector days and thus reduce the potential bonus.

Heh ho looks like the summer might be even busier now the floodgates are on their last dribbles of mortar!