PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Here's what the Airlines really want!!!!!!!
Old 29th Mar 2006, 12:38
Send Clowns

Jet Blast Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheevere

First could I ask a small courtesy of you? Your post would be far easier to read if you actually punctuated it and separated it into paragraphs correctly.

However I also have to take issue with some of your points.

Why should a senior pilot know anything about the best route for training? For a start you have not said that he is involved with recruitment, and in any case he works for a single airline. Also they themselves trained under a completely different system, before the JAA even existed. I have heard some very bad advice from "senior pilots" on this subject.
the fact of the matter is that every single airline prefers younger people [sic] why wouldnt [sic] they, [sic]
Where is your proof of this "fact"? Is it like the "fact" that 90% of companies insist people retire at 50, when I can think of none that do and plenty that allow pilots to fly until 65 (up to the size of DHL for example) and others only won't because of French intransigence. In fact you are unlucky, and made it even more obvious you don't know what you are talking about as you had missed the recent news that BA are going to allow their pilots to elect to continue to 60; previously they retired at 55.

The survey is nothing like a fair sample or a fair impression. The arguments have been put, you need to address them not simply command that it is a fair representation!

APU INOP

I hope you haven't got an MCC! The role of the FO is exactly the opposite - it is to tell the Captain he is wrong. If he is right then he doesn't need anyone to tell him, he probably isn't that modest!

Last edited by Send Clowns; 29th Mar 2006 at 12:50. Reason: typos