PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AR REDRESS - ADVICE
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2006, 12:29
Danny_Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Before you start thinking about going to your MP/AMP/the Sun, remember one thing. You will look very foolish when they ask what you did at the time and say "nothing". In the first instance you should ask for a one-on-one chat with your 1RO and explain your feelings. If he can justify his comments, and you accept them (however much the truth hurts) - problem over. If you feel that you were't told throughout the year (and specifically in the mid-term), a good line for the suicide box would be "I am disappointed with this report, and feel that because I had no mid-term appraisal I was not given notice of my failings and time to work on them". This should spur the 2RO into action, as a mid-term is compulsory (not optional as some ROs like to believe).

If after the whol process you still feel hard done by then submit a redress, which must be within 3 months of the thing you are complaining about coming to light. Remember that you can only redress on factual (truth/lie) errors or procedural (no mid-term) errors, not the opinion of the RO(s).

Must echo the comment, whilst admitting that I do not know or work with you (to my knowledge), that it is unusal for 3ROs to agree, 2 years running, that you aren't very good. Unless it is true.

Good luck though.