PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - By the Cabin Crew door?
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2006, 12:28
crossr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey all

Im nearing the end of my PPL training, just waiting for some good weather to do my test! Through the whole of my training ive been working as cabin crew for Virgin. The reason i started there was because i was desperate to become a pilot and at the time i started was not in the position financialy to go to a flight school like Oxford. The next best thing was Cabin Crew!

I feel it is a great job to do while doing pilot training. For instance i can sometimes be rostered anywhere up to 4 days off, great for building hours or doing training. Also for hour building I get alot of trips to LA and Florida, perfect to build a few hours cheaply and quickly. Also you get so much free time while away that its perfect for studying, be it PPL exams or ATPL distance learning. You still though always get time to go and see the places you're visiting and have a few drinks!

Another thing that it gives you is so much motivation to keep going. We all know that training to be a pilot is very expensive and sometimes you wonder where the next load of money will come from. But believe me when you sit on the flight deck for take off and landing, or even just go up and say hello in the cruise, it will drive you to keep going. It certainly makes me want to be a pilot more and more every time i go to work.

Go on, i'd recomend it to anyone wanting to be a pilot, wanting to train the modular way.

Oh yeah, you do also meet loads of contacts!

crossr