PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2006, 11:44
Crash_and_Burn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,

You can retire whenever you want after 50, or 55 when the law changes.

Your pension to-date cannot be touched, this only counts for future pensions.

If you CHOOSE to work longer, you will not only earn the extra money (i.e. at least 40% more than you would receive if you retired and drew pension) , but, assuming you have paid into the pension for a few years already, within a year or two you'll be back at full pension, and if you CHOOSE (a choice you didn't have before) to work longer you'l earn even more from your pay and get an even bigger pension.

Come on guys the pensions world is changing, wishing it would stay the same isn't going to help you and if you force BA to pay the whole wad, then I doubt we'll be around long enough for you to draw a pension. One little crisis and we're up sh*t creek.

I love the rumour about the 1000 pound coaching for presenters. Got any other gems? How about we start one... ummm I know, Willie is going to get 100% pension after 2 years. there you go, spread that one about a bit....

Also, what is the hang up about management bonuses? SMs and above have not incremental pay awards and they can can sacked and shown the door on the same day of the screw up. Thier job is to keep the company going despite all of the crap/oil prices/industrial unrest etc, your job is to fly the palnes. it's horses for courses. How would you like to be on Performance related pay and bonus dependant on how much money the company makes, rather than an increment, I bet you'd be less inclined to stike if it would hit you in the pay check???